A Good Night’s Sleep
We all know the importance of getting a good nights sleep and how it affects our general wellbeing. A night without enough sleep leaves us tired, moody, anxious and possibly depressed.
It is important for parents to set a good example and to establish a healthy bedtime routine for the whole family.
Here are our 10 tips for getting a good night’s sleep.
- Don’t go to bed too hungry or too thirsty.
- Limit the amount of alcohol.
- Avoid caffeine.
- Try to wake up at the same time each day, including weekends.
- Try to exercise at least 30 minutes a day.
- Make the bedroom a relaxing, tranquil place to be in your home, avoid turning the bedroom into your office.
- Switch off the TV.
- Try not to nap during the day, it interrupts the general sleep pattern.
- Make sure that your kids follow a sensible sleep pattern. If necessary, use our Good Night Sleep Tight chart which uses stickers to encourage a healthy bedtime.
We believe that getting enough sleep not only makes people feel better, but will also increase their odds of living healthier and more productive lives.