Ten Tips When Shopping with Kids
Shopping with kids – This is something that the majority of people have to do… eventually. Maybe you have to take your children every time. If so, you have already established ground rules. If not, here are 10 Tips that will help to make the chore of shopping just a little bit easier.
- Establish rules (Not too many – to make it easier to enforce – Stay with Mommy, don’t run, no screaming).
- Enforce rules if necessary (I always told my kids that if they misbehaved we would leave the store immediately, we did once!).
- Choose a time when they are not hungry or tired (if possible).
- Have a shopping list and try to keep to it (your wallet will thank you).
- Ignore whining and complaining.
- Shop as quickly as possible.
- Avoid buying a toy/candy as bribery every time you shop.
- Keep your kids involved.
- Older kids can help look for items – make it a learning exercise, but keep it fun!
- Reward and thank good behavior (maybe a surprise ice cream treat once in a while).
Are there any tips that you can use that can be added to this? Let us know!