Messy Rooms! How to Help Your Child Organize Their Room
It is important for your child to learn to keep their own rooms neat and tidy. If your child is lucky enough to have their own room then help them learn how to keep their space organized.
Here are some ideas that may help you:
- Have a designated place for everything.
- Clear out unwanted or broken items.
- Teach them how to keep tidy. What maybe a mess to you, may not be nor them!
- Provide the necessary tools to clear it clean and tidy.
- If your child has a workstation in their room, keep it free from distractions.
- Positive reinforcement – praise their efforts.
- If children share a room, designate an area to call their own.
It is a wonderful life lesson for both boys and girls to know how to clean up after themselves.