Must read tips for a single parent with young children
Suddenly your little angel has developed into a monster and being on your own can be at times very challenging. Lets face it being a parent is not easy, but being a single parent brings on many challenges and life is never dull. We have a few tips that may help you survive the terrible twos.
- Look after yourself, exercise well and eat a healthy diet.
- Avoid smoking and drink alcohol in moderation.
- Create a good support network around you, friends and family members.
- If you and your ex do not have a good relationship, try to keep disagreements out of earshot of your child.
- Trade babysitting duties with friends.
- Ask for help.
- If you’re offered help, accept it!
- Try to reduce stress, maybe take up yoga.
- Meet with other adults in similar situations.
- Arrange play dates with children the same age.
We know it’s not easy, especially when your child is sick it can be exhausting.
Using a visual tool like our reward charts will help bring structure and routine to an unsettled home life. Our reward charts will also help to remind parents to focus on the positive achievements of their child, helping to lift each others spirits. Should you wish to shop now for our reward charts please enter VCHART15 for 15% off at checkout.
We wish you well.