The Benefits of Playtime
Playtime is not only fun for children but it also a special time of learning. It is essential in a child’s development because it contributes to the cognitive, physical, social, and emotional well-being of children and young adults. More importantly play offers an ideal opportunity for parents to engage fully with their children.
Ideas such as hide’n’seek, teaparties, pretend play, I spy etc. Play promotes the importance of family togtherness. Other benefits of playtime include:
- Developing imagination
- Building dexterity
- Physical skills – fine and gross motors skills
- Social interaction – giving children real world experience of speaking and listening skills.
- Building self confidence – learn new competencies that lead to enhanced confidence.
- Learning the skill of turn-taking.
- Development – learning persistance and attention regulation
Playtime is also healthy for the parent too. After a long stressful day at work, sitting down and playing with your child is a great stress reliever.
We understand the importance of play and have combined this knowledge to a new product used at the dinner table. Our NEW Let’s Eat Together placemat is designed to help families connect at the table and also gives ideas of games to play after a meal. This can be purchased from our website http://www.VictoriaChartCompany.com and use coupon code VCHART15 for a 15% discount. Tell your friends too!