Simple Tips to get the best out of a Behavioral Chart
Are you searching for a way to correct your childs unwanted behavior? Reward charts can help. Follow these simple tips to correct undesired behaviors in your child.
- Make it very clear what behaviors you are working on.
- Work on no more than one or two behaviors at the same time.
- Do not try to change everything at the same time.
- Try not to overwhelm your child.
- Identify the reward before you start using a reward chart. For young children, stickers are often adequate.
- Keep your child’s focus.
- Continue to offer encouragment and praise to your child.
Amy Przeworski Ph.D has written an interesting article on the “Do’s and Don’t of a Sticker chart” which you can read here.