Tips for Leaving Kids Home Alone
“What is the right age when kids can stay at home by themselves” If you ask this question to a group of parents then you may get many different answers. Some things to consider when contemplating this include:
- How responsible is your child?
- How does your child react to unusual unexpected situations?
- Do you have a plan in case of fire?
- If they need help, who do they call?
- Does your child know first aid or CPR?
- At what age can a child be legally left at home alone
To answer this last point check here. It is a list by US state of the minimum age children can legally be left home alone. It is your decision at the end of the day, but it is good to have a plan to decide if your child is ready to be left alone.