Simple Tips for Parents-Healthy Habits
There are a number of ways that we can support our families and the general health of our families. Here are 5 simple tips to help your family make wiser choices.
- Eat right – homemade healthy foods for your family as opposed to prepackaged meals or fast food on the way home. (See Quickest Ways to Eat Healthy)
- Plan grocery trips – know what you need to buy and don’t get pulled into buying goods you don’t need.
- Keep kids involved – Starting with the meal planning.
- Use fresh fruits and vegetables when they are in season. Avoid canned products high in sodium
- When you cook, cook in bulk quantities, split and put in freezer for another day.
It is also important to remember to enjoy your meal together at the table. This is important for family interaction, teaching children good eating habits and helping food to digest. Our Let’s Eat Together Placemat encourages families to talk and play with each other at the table.