Tips for Dealing with a Fussy Eater
If you are faced with a child who is a ‘fussy or picky eater’, meal times can be stressful. You want to do right by your child, but does that mean accepting that they’ll only be eating that one pea, or giving in and letting them survive on spaghetti hoops?
Here are ten tips for dealing with a ‘fussy eater’:
1. Let babies play with their food
2. Don’t label them a ‘fussy eater’
3. Don’t react to your child’s eating habits
4. Don’t force your child to finish their meal
5. Don’t use pudding as a bribe
6. Let them learn from others
7. Appeal to their interests and make food fun
8. Avoid snacking and use smaller portion sizes
9. Let them help prepare the meal
10. Keep encouraging them to try something new
Alternatively our ‘Let’s Eat Together’ placemat can encourage for children to try harder at mealtimes. VCHART15 will get you 15% OFF when entered at checkout.