Blue Monday: How to overcome the most depressing day!
Its coming! Christmas is over and the New Year has started and now we wait for the worst day of the year, Blue Monday, falls on Monday January 16th, 2017. The reasoning behind this are:
- Christmas bills are due, so our debt is the highest of the whole year.
- In the northern hemisphere, weather conditions are often at their worst (gloomy, cold, and unpredictable).
- Most people have already forgotten about those well meaning New Years resolutions and are back to old behaviors!
- The joy of Christmas is over.
- SAD syndrome sets in! Due to the short, cold, dark days of winter.
But it really does not have to be the most depressing day of the year. Set some realistic, fun things to do:
- Bundle up and get outside and get some sun.
- Try to avoid buying things you don’t need.
- Get together with friends.
- Meet up with friends that you perhaps were not able to see over Christmas.
- Re-visit your New Year’s Resolutions to see if you can restart one or more again!
The basic message here is that “Blue Monday,” the “worst day of the year” is only blue and horrible if you allow it to be. Have a happy Blue Monday 2017!