How to celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Week (February 12-18)
“Kindness starts with love” – that’s a great quote to begin Random Acts of Kindness week which is celebrated February 12-18 2017.
Practicing kindness is more than just a nice thing to do; it’s also beneficial to overall well-being. Did you know that kindness is scientifically proven to boost health and happiness. To celebrate the week step out of your comfort zone – attempt a new random act of kindness each day . Here are seven great ideas to get you started:
- Just smile at one extra person.
- Eat lunch with someone new—at school or at the office.
- Make sure you tell your partner I love you or give someone special an extra hug.
- Try a new vegetable or fruit or even try and cook something healthy and new for you or your family.
- Send a positive message to someone in need or help someone who might not need it, but appreciates it.
- Donate unwanted or unused clothes or household goods to a shelter, non-profit or animal rescue organization.
- If you feel you just must make a monetary contribution and are insistent, buy someone’s groceries or offer to help pay for someone in line.
For more ideas for kids, checkout this website: Random Act of Kindness for Kids.
Come back and share with us what you have been doing during this week.