Social, Motor, Cognitive skills for a 2 year old
By the age of two years, your little one is transitioning from “baby” to “child.” She is no doubt making significant leaps in development. But, its not all plain sailing – there could be some bumps in the road as they begin to learn a new set of rules!
Here are some common milestones two year olds usually reach:
- Gross motor skills – climbing, walking, kicking a ball.
- Fine motor skills – stack blocks, mold play dough, paint.
- Intellectual or cognitive skills – play hide and seek, copy others.
- Verbal skills – name family members, name body parts, read some familiar story books.
- Social and Emotional Skills – take turns, copy others, interact with other children.
Make sure you allow interaction with children of a similar age. Provide the opportunities for your child to be social.