Beating the Morning Rush
Is morning a crazy time in your home? If so, read on – we may be able to help. One of the easiest ways to make mornings go smoothly is to establish a consistent morning routine for everyone in your home (kids included) that actually works. Here are some tips to do just that:
- Make sure everyone is getting enough sleep. Use a sleep chart to develop a healthy bedtime routine.
- Organization starts in the evening before – get the breakfast table set, clothes laid out for the kids, backpacks packed and ready
- Make the packed lunches the night before if possible
- Be the first one up and awake – don’t hit your snooze button! Maybe think about setting your alarm 15 minutes earlier than you would normally get up.
- Keep breakfast simple – making yogurt parfaits the night before while making dinner
- Set a good example yourself – don’t be screaming at your family about your lost possessions!
Once you have a morning routine for your family, stick with it and discuss all the steps with your family. This will help you recognize any glitches or perhaps the need to re-order some of the steps.