Healthy Snacks for Kids
Throw out the junk food and start making snack time fun again! It is important for parents to think of snacking as a way to give their kids extra fuel for growing healthy and strong – but watch for hidden sugars! Snacks shouldn’t just be empty calories but a healthy bite to eat between meals.
Healthy Snack Ideas for Kids
- Apple slices with nut butter.
- Fresh fruits.
- Cheese and pineapple cubes
- Dried fruits, especially raisins.
- Applesauce or other fruit cups.
- Nuts, especially mixed with dried fruit.
- Soy yogurt.
- Individual boxes of soymilk, rice milk, or fruit juices.
- Breadsticks or pita chips with hummus.