Knowing Life Skills – High School Kids
Parents, we are doing too much for our children! We love our kids so much we want to protect them, help them, and cultivate them into perfect, happy humans. However the affect of this is that we are not preparing our kids for the world and life as adults. Here are some basic life skills that children in High School should know and use.
- Do laundry
- Make a meal
- Know how to pump gas
- Understand basic car repairs
- Join in with the general running of the house
- Mow a lawn
- Wake up by themselves
- Order their own meal in a restaurant
- Run to the grocery store
- Know how to budget
- Speak to strangers
- Self defense
- Know the laws of the country
- Basic first aid
- Being able to study
- Learn to drive.
- Pack up their own bag for a vacation
- Ride the local transportation
These are skills that children need as they get older and go off to college and are necessary to succeeding and thriving in life in general.