7 Simple Ways to Teach Kids to Be Kind to Others
We live in a different world today! With the age of social media it is very easy to be unkind to others without saying it to their face. Parents, help your kids nature kindness by incorporating these practices into your daily routines:
- Be nice to others – This would be a good time for young children to be reminded about other peoples feelings. How would they feel if someone was making fun of them. Treat others as you would wish to be treated.
- If you cannot say anything nice, don’t say anything! This one needs no explanations!
- Be friendly – teach your child by example- say good morning and smile when you encounter people throughout the day – at the grocery store for example.
- Cyberbullying and Bullying – be aware of what your child is doing, especially online. Stay connected with your child – be in touch with what they are reading and writing.
- Be nice to your child – particularly when you have had a long day and you are exhausted – don’t take it out on your child!
- Being kind makes kids feel good – When you encourage kindness in your child, he will feel better not only about the world he lives in but about himself.
Teach good manners – saying please and thank you.
We hope that you have found these tips useful. If you have any other parents, please use the comments.