Back to School Do’s and Don’ts
The end of summer is getting close in many parts of the country, and parents everywhere are feeling some form of anxiety over how to make the most of the upcoming school year. It is important to structure the first few weeks of school , in order to set the stage for a successful academic year.
Here are some do’s and don’ts for families who want to start the school year right:
- Start a routine, and quickly put into place.
- Meet the teacher.
- Have a trial run to the school.
- Help your child with their schedule.
- Teach the morning routine weeks before school starts, and let your student practice packing a lunch and carrying a loaded backpack. Life skills start at home!
- Share your anxieties with your child
- Set backs happen, don’t let it throw you off course.
- Ignore any issues or problems.
- Send your child to school wearing wildly inappropriate clothing.
- Assume that everyone memorized every detail from your student’s file.
We hope that you have found this useful! If you can think of anything else that should be added to the list, use the comments below.