5 Benefits of Play For Your Kids
Play is so much more than just fun and games. As you watch children play at a playground you can see that its a natural activity for them. The child at play is self-motivated and actively engaged and learning very important life skills.
It is important to realize that play is:
- How children learn – playing together will help form a bond, to enjoy the local park together for example.
- Social skills – interacting with others, social norms, independence and learning to share.
- Helps to develop self-motivation – a child at play is self-motivated and actively engaged.
- Helps accelerate a child’s cognitive development – for example swings help kids learn perceptual processes and body awareness through space
- A great bonding exercise – adults and children playing together will help form a bond, to enjoy activities together, such as local park.