Simple Tips on How to Host the Perfect Thanksgiving Dinner
It’s nearly here- Thanksgiving Day. It doesn’t have to be stressful with just a little planning. We all have busy lives and schedules and if you’re not careful before you know it it will be Thanksgiving Day! By planning ahead you can ensure that your big day will be as stressfree as possible and you can actually enjoy the day. Here are a few tips that may help:
- Prepare your menu in advance, including all side dishes.
- Make a list – if you have family or friends joining you are they bringing something? Check it off on the list if they are.
- What can you do in advance? Make good use of your freezer.
- Clean out your refrigerator prior to Thanksgiving, as you know you will soon need every inch of space.
- Don’t forget to defrost your turkey in plenty of time if you are going with a frozen turkey.
- Have the children help decorate for Thanksgiving.
- Set the table in advance making sure you have enough chairs for everyone to sit down.
- Limit alcohol if you think that certain family members get too crazy on the red wine!
- Have a clean up plan – after preparing a big feast ensure you have enough helpers to clean up the mess afterwards so that perhaps you can put your feet up!
- Try and enjoy!
Can you think of any other tips? Please feel free to share in the comments below.