Be Crafty When Feeding Your Family – Healthy Eating for All!
We all know how important it is for growing children to get the correct nutrients from the food they are eating. But what happens if you have a picky eater? You know, with the best will in the world there’s no way they are going to eat those delicious and nutritious vegetables. Well hopefully these simple tips will help:
- Blueberries are full of antioxidants – add fresh blueberries to the morning bowl of cereal or oatmeal.
- Homemade smoothies – as well as being delicious you can sneak a ton of nutrients and vitamins in a homemade smoothie – use whole milk too! Use fresh berries and whole plain yogurt and sweeten with honey if you need to. Its also possible to add a handful of spinach to up the vitamin content too.
- Homemade trail mix – raisins, goji berries, almonds can make great additions to a bowl of trail mix.
- Keep food colorful – the more colorful the better. Cut up strips of red, yellow, orange peppers and add a small side of hummus for a delicious snack.
- Individual egg muffin cups – these can be made in advance and warmed before eating. Add peppers, spinach, bacon to make these super tasty.
- Homemade soups – one of my favorite things to do is to make soup! Using fresh vegetable, herbs, spices, coconut milk, you will be able to rustle up some delicious and nutritious soups from your kitchen.
- Homemade pizza- and have your children help make it too!
Food needs to be fun and look inviting for kids to eat. Don’t make it a battle – relax and enjoy and don’t give up the first time they turn their nose up at something.