The Benefits of Giving Kids Chores
Why Giving Kids Chores Can Be Good for Them – said no child EVER!! However, giving children household chores at an early age helps to build a lasting sense of mastery, responsibility and self-reliance, according to research by Marty Rossmann, professor emeritus at the University of Minnesota. Remember your kids are listening – if they hear you moaning about chores they too will complain!
Some examples of the ways chores can benefit kids:
- Chores can build self-esteem.
- Chores can teach the importance of completing an assigned job. .
- Chores can emphasize the value of keeping things clean and organized.
- Chores can set a pattern of helping around the house.
- Chores can give him a sense of being part of the household “team.