10 Ways to Give Teenagers Attention
We are busy, and it’s all too easy to get caught up with work, sports, school, and other outside activities, that there’s little time to spend together as a family. Some teens are not at all interested in spending time together as a family. As they gain independence it is normal for them to want to be surrounded by their friends and their own activities. It is however important to spend quality time with your teen despite the obstacles that make it challenging.
To get you started, here are 10 ways you can give your teen positive attention:
- Sit down and talk about your teen’s day.
- Cook dinner together.
- Talk about the future.
- Try reading the same book and talk about it.
- Plan a weekend trip.
- Go for a walk together each day.
- Go out for ice creams together, or smoothies if they like the more healthy option!
- Attend a concert.
- Research your family tree.
- Go to the theater together.