Healthy School Lunch Boxes for Children
The new school year is now underway, everyone was real excited about new back packs, pencils, lunch boxes and then reality sets in! The well thought out menu has got less attention in recent weeks and now each day you are clutching at straws trying to think of healthy lunch box meals.
There is good news! We can help! We want to help you help your kids to eat healthy at school and not just toss their meal into the trash can because they are sick of the same old sandwiches. So here are some ideas …
- A container of low fat cottage cheese topped with fruit salad and whole grain crackers.
- Chicken salad with low fat mayo, chopped celery and grapes. Wholegrain roll. Yogurt.
- Chunks of cheese, wholegrain crackers, baby carrots and low fat ranch dips. Fruit: blueberries and raspberries or strawberries.
- Wholegrain tortilla with smoked turkey, cream cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. Fruit or a low fat yogurt.
- Pita bread served with a side of hummus. Carrot sticks and celery. Apple slices.
Eating healthy does not have to be complicated and will give your child the energy they need to get them through the day.
For additional help with going back to school, check out our range of reward charts. Our My School Planner is a great tool for children to get them organized. Our My Big Star Chart is a great way to encourage little ones to eat healthily and to help prepare their own packed lunches. Please enter VCHART10 at any of our checkouts to receive 10% off.