National Puppy Day – March 23rd
“Buy a pup and your money will buy love unflinching.” — Rudyard Kipling.
Monday March 23rd is National Puppy Day. We all need love, and puppies are no exception to this rule! This day is celebrated annually to promote adoption! It is important to remember that as cute as puppies are, and as wonderful as adopting a puppy can be, giving a home to an older dog in need can be just as rewarding — sometimes, even more so. There can be many advantages of adopting an older dog:
- They are less active
- They are house trained
- They can be great for seniors (encourage owners to go out for walks)
- They are move loving
- You may be their last chance before they are euthanized
Here are 8 ways to celebrate this special day!
- Adopt a puppy.
- Donate to a shelter.
- Host a puppy party.
- Organize a fund raising event.
- Feed your puppies better meals.
- Show the world you love your puppy.
- Teach children to not bully pets.
- Volunteer at a shelter.
What are you doing to celebrate National Puppy Day? Share your thoughts and photos.