15 Fun Ideas for Kids and Parents
Are you looking for ideas to keep you and your kids busy while at home? We can help. Check out these ideas:
- Pick your own…whatever. Find a farm with blueberries, strawberries, tomatoes, flowers, etc., and get picking.
- Play outside in the rain. Smell the rain on the pavement; splash in puddles; make mud pies.
- Make your own rain. Get out the garden hose or sprinkler.
- Cook out…frequently. Go beyond the burgers. Try veggies or fish. The kids might like them more if they come off the grill!
- Make “smores.” Chocolate + marshmallow + graham cracker = YUM!
- Camp out. First-timers, try backyard camping.
- Camp in. Put the sleeping bags on the floor and have a family slumber party.
- Stargaze. Go outside and make a party of it.
- Catch lightning bugs. And then watch them flicker away into the night.
- Take family naps together. Parents can snooze too!
- Make your own pizza. Try this kid-friendly recipe.
- Start a family game night.
- Stop to smell the flowers.
- Have a puzzle race. Use 100-piece puzzles and see who finishes first.
- Play a card game. Maybe crazy eights, spoons or poker. Take your pick.
Enjoy and have fun!